I find myself at a crossroads, currently. I find that the Lord has seen fit to make a few things come to a close all together. My job at Google will be ending in two weeks, and I am searching for a new roommate (rather suddenly) to live with me in my cheerful apartment here in San Carlos. Perhaps I could hit two birds with one stone and join a Protestant convent? But alas, I am sure they would not embrace my extensive jewelry collection, and love of the color orange. I have begun to "put my feelers out" in the job sphere, and am applying to a few at present. The roommate situation is proving to be a bit trickier. It is times like these where my trust in the provision of the Lord, and His promise to "do me good" is challenged. But, I must preach to myself-
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you." (Jeremiah 29:11 & 12)
This often-quoted verse is preceded by verse 10-
"For thus says the Lord: When seventy years are completed for Babylon, I will visit you, and I will fulfill to you my promise and bring you back to this place."
He is good, and he promises to act for my highest good, but I might have to wait! All I can say is, "Lord, let this waiting time not be in vain!". Haha. I am looking forward to the "Aha!" moment when I will say, "Wow, now THAT'S my King!"
In other news, I just got back today from my church's Twenties Group Retreat at Westminster Woods, near Bodega Bay. The teaching was out of the gospel of Mark, and zoned in on our deeply-rooted self-centered default. I was, in a word, "slayed" by the scripture and it's application and implication in my life. I will be marinating on these challenging calls to serve others as Jesus served/serves me for a long time. The retreat was also filled with merriment, joy, food, song, and silliness. I treasure the good times I shared with the five other girls in my cabin, especially an awkward encounter with a raccoon. A word to the wise: Don't stand really close to a raccoon, and shine your flashlight in its eyes. They don't like it. Maybe Jesus could get away with it, but not me.
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you." (Jeremiah 29:11 & 12)
This often-quoted verse is preceded by verse 10-
"For thus says the Lord: When seventy years are completed for Babylon, I will visit you, and I will fulfill to you my promise and bring you back to this place."
He is good, and he promises to act for my highest good, but I might have to wait! All I can say is, "Lord, let this waiting time not be in vain!". Haha. I am looking forward to the "Aha!" moment when I will say, "Wow, now THAT'S my King!"
In other news, I just got back today from my church's Twenties Group Retreat at Westminster Woods, near Bodega Bay. The teaching was out of the gospel of Mark, and zoned in on our deeply-rooted self-centered default. I was, in a word, "slayed" by the scripture and it's application and implication in my life. I will be marinating on these challenging calls to serve others as Jesus served/serves me for a long time. The retreat was also filled with merriment, joy, food, song, and silliness. I treasure the good times I shared with the five other girls in my cabin, especially an awkward encounter with a raccoon. A word to the wise: Don't stand really close to a raccoon, and shine your flashlight in its eyes. They don't like it. Maybe Jesus could get away with it, but not me.

1 comment:
Haha, welcome! It's kind of therapeutic, this writing/blogging thing. Can't wait to hear about your retreat tomorrow!
Post a Comment