Friday, June 27, 2008

Waterproof Mascara Season

Well, things have come to a resolution, as they usually do. Resolutions are inevitable. Regardless of the good or bad outcome, the ball rolls on. With the help of fabulous friends, I will be moving a few miles away to a house of Christian gals on Sunday. Or rather, my stuff will be moving there on Sunday, and I will follow in a few weeks. I made the definitive decision to move on Wednesday night, which left me with 4 days to pack up all that I own in this world, move it, go on a job interview, and attend a wedding. Yowza!

Needless to say, my stress levels have been a little high. This is a "waterproof mascara" season for me. That may sound odd, but bear with me. I usually put on my makeup in my car, and the last addition is mascara. For a while I have used a special, "hip" mascara that has the waterproof kind on one end and the normal kind on the other, clearly for the utterly modern woman (who apparently never knows when she will break down in tears?). I reach down, and in a split second, decide which one I will use for the day. Do I expect to cry today? Is there anything that might possibly make my eyes leak? Will I be participating in any underwater activities today? Recently, "waterproof" has been my selection every time, and no, not because I am getting back into synchronized swimming. So, I have dubbed this challenging time in life "Waterproof Mascara Season".

That said, the Lord has been very kind to me! His provision was not what I thought I wanted or expected (it rarely is!) but it is fabulous nonetheless. I will get to live in a warm and safe house with girls who love Jesus, and still stay in my area. Why, WHY do I often doubt His goodness and provision when, time after time, He proves it to me beyond my own ability to take care of myself?? The answer is.... I'm a dufus. But, I am a redeemed dufus (said with cheeky grin).

My last day at Google was on Monday (23rd), and I have many posts planned to share airplane rides, celebrity meetings, and goodbyes. Once things settle down a bit more, I will fire away!

No comments: